Pie Bake off
Please join us at 12 Noon for a Pie bake-off!
Pie Baking Contest
Test your pie baking skills against some tough competition!
After the contest, pies will be sliced, and the other campers will share in your creations.
1. Contest is open to kids, teens, and adults of all ages. Amateur bakers only. Bakers must agree to share the remaining pie with other campers.
3. Each pie entered must have an entry form. Pies must be dropped off at the multipurpose building from11 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. on Saturday, November 13. The winner will be announced around 1:15 p.m. then we can Eat Pie!
4. Pies must be homemade from scratch. NO store-bought pies. (We don’t care if you use store crust but the majority needs to be made by you.)
5. You may enter 2 pies
6. For safety reasons, NO PIES REQUIRING REFRIGERATION WILL BE ADMITTED
[e.g., ice cream pies or Pies that will be ruined by the time judging is over. The Pie will be out from 11 AM until possibly 3 PM so it needs to be safe that long.]
7. Each pie submitted must include a recipe with a list of ingredients.
8. If you want your pie pan back, come to reclaim it at the multipurpose room after the pies are eaten. [Saturday afternoon around 3]
1. Judges will use the scoring guide shown.
2. Judges will not know the identity of the pie bakers.
3. Judging will begin at 12:00 p.m. with prizes announced around 1:15 p.m.
5. In the case of a tie, judges will judge those pies again.
6. Prize ribbons will be awarded for first, second, and third place.
Overall Appearance 25 Points
Juiciness, or firmness
Taste 25 points
Flavor [strength & balance]
Mouth feel [appropriateness]
Crust [flaky, soggy, mealy]
Overall Impression 25 Points
Memorable quality of the pie
Are you impressed with the pie?
All Judges’ decisions are final! Good Luck!